BHAB EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
IN-PERSON MEETING LOCATION:
Ventura County Behavioral Health
1911 Williams Drive, Training Room (first floor)
Oxnard, CA 93036
In-Person & Virtual Meeting via ZOOM
- This meeting will be held both in-person and remotely via Zoom.
- Masks are required for entrance to the Williams Drive Building.
- Masks are optional in the training room.
- Social distancing is not required, however, there will be plenty of space in the training room to sit apart if desired.
Meeting: Behavioral Health Advisory Board Executive Committee
Date: Monday, September 12, 2022
Time: 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
Location: In-Person and Virtual Meeting – Via Zoom
Attached are the minutes of the last BHAB Executive Committee meeting and the agenda for the upcoming meeting. Note that the agenda and/or minutes may include copies of handouts and/or presentations, which can be accessed by scrolling down the document.
Please review the agenda and materials prior to the meeting. Thank you.
PLEASE SEE THE INFORMATION BELOW FOR OPTIONS TO PROVIDE
DUE BY: 10:00 AM on the day of the BHAB Meeting
Join the Zoom meeting in the following way:
Zoom meeting link:
Meeting ID: 810 1441 1236
Dial-in: 669 900 9128
All agenda reports and supporting data, including those filed in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.5 (b) (1) and (2) are available from the Behavioral Health Advisory Board Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at Ventura County Behavioral Health, 2nd Floor, 1911 Williams Drive, Oxnard, California. The same materials will be available and attached with each associated agenda item, when received, at the following website: www.vcbh.org/en/behavioral-health-advisory-board-meetings.
Welcome to the meeting of the Behavioral Health Advisory Board of the County of Ventura. The following information is provided to help you understand, follow, and participate in the Board meeting:
Join the Zoom meeting by clicking the link provided on the agenda at the scheduled time and date. Zoom will initially start with a waiting room — you will be admitted into the meeting room when the meeting starts. All participants are muted upon entry to minimize any unintended disruption of background sounds. Please keep yourself on mute unless you are speaking.
Note: The meeting is recorded.
- The Behavioral Health Advisory Board (BHAB) welcomes comments from the community, consumers and family members.
- The BHAB operates under the Brown Act. This requires that all meetings be open meetings, with the agenda and minutes posted. A public comment period will be provided on all meeting agendas.
- Due to confidentiality laws, the Board is unable to respond directly to a public comment or to discuss client-specific issues without proper releases from the individuals concerned.
- At all BHAB meetings, the BHAB Assistant provides a Grievance Form for individuals who have concerns. The form is reviewed promptly by VCBH Quality Management. Individuals can also contact the BHAB Assistant to request a VCBH Grievance Form outside a BHAB meeting or call 1-888-567-2122.
- Individuals who have further concerns are welcome to return to the BHAB for assistance.
Written public comments may be provided using one of the following options:
- Email or Mail Written Public Comment in Advance of the Meeting
To make a written public comment, you must send an email to email@example.com, with the specific agenda item or topic, if a general comment, by no later than 10:00 AM on the day of the BHAB meeting. Your written public comment may also be mailed to BHAB Assistant, 1911 Williams Drive, Suite 200, Oxnard, CA 93036 to be received no later than 10 AM on the day of the meeting.
Please indicate in the subject line the agenda item number (e.g., Item No. 9) on which you are commenting. Your written public comment sent via email or regular mail will be distributed to the BHAB Members and placed into the item’s record of the meeting.
- Video Public Comment using Zoom
You may use the raise hand feature when the Chair invites public comments in the following ways:
If you are running an older version of Zoom, you can raise your hand by clicking on the Participant button at the bottom of the Zoom screen and then click on the raise hand feature in that participant window.
If you are running the most current version of Zoom (5.4.9 and above) you can raise your hand by clicking on the Reactions button and then clicking on raise hand feature. Your hand will appear in the upper left-hand corner of your individual Zoom window as well as the participant window.
- Call-In Public Comment using Zoom
If you are joining the meeting by telephone only, you can join the comment queue by pressing *9. When it is your turn to make your comment, press *6 to unmute and then again to mute yourself after speaking.
Note: Your raised hand will appear TO THE HOST in the order it was received.
Comments are taken in the order they are received in the queue/participant window. When it is your turn to make a comment, you will be asked to unmute yourself. Public comments may be up to 3 minutes during the public comment periods, or before an agenda item, with a cumulative total time not to exceed 5 minutes. The assigned timekeeper will track each public comment time as well as the total time per speaker. When your time is up, the timekeeper will interrupt to let you know that you have reached the 3-minute maximum as well as when you have reached your total allotted time. At the end of the three minutes and/or allotted time, the next person in the comment queue will be invited to speak.
REMINDER: In order to minimize distractions during public meetings, all personal communication devices should be turned off or put in a non-audible mode.